The Department of Information Studies uses email as the primary method of informing the community about important events, news, and policy updates. Please post messages to the correct lists, minimize the use of attachments, and keep discussions thoughtful and on-topic!
You may only post to lists from the same email address that you have subscribed to the list.
IS-ANNOUNCE is the Department’s primary on-line communication vehicle for major announcements regarding curriculum, policy, special programs, emergency announcements and the etc. IS-Announce postings may also include GSE&IS announcements which impact IS directly, and any official postings from the UCLA administration which affect IS as part of the wider UCLA community. This list is only for currently enrolled students in the degree programs at Information Studies, IS faculty (ladder, emeriti, adjunct), and IS staff. Subscribers without affiliation to IS may be removed without notice!
- List Address: email@example.com
- IS Announce list archive
- Subscribe or unsubscribe to IS-ANNOUNCE
IS-NET is a discussion and announcement list for interested students, faculty, and staff. Its focus is on issues relating to Library and Information Studies education in general, and the Department of Information Studies in particular. In addition, announcements of scholarship opportunities, conferences, student and professional job opportunities are posted here. This list is optional, but highly recommended as its scope is wider. Students, faculty, and staff must subscribe themselves.
- IS-PHD-ANNOUNCE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This is the official announcement list for PhD students in the department.
- IS-PHD-CHAT (email@example.com)
- This is the discussion list for PhD students in the department. Only PhD students may subscribe, and only PhD students may post to this list.
- Mailing Lists for IS Organizations
Many of the student organizations maintain their own mailing lists. To find out more about an organization’s list, visit its web page noted on the IS Organizations page.
- LIS-AA alumi association list
- You can only post emails to lists from the email address(es) you are subscribed under.
- If you need to change your subscription address, unsubscribe your old address, and then re-subscribe with the new one.
- If in doubt if you are subscribed to a list, simply try to subscribe again– the system will not allow the same address to subscribe twice
- To subscribe to a list without a link above, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the body of “subscribe listname your-name“- i.e., “subscribe is-announce Lee Bruin”
- Some lists may ask you to reply to a confirmation email to complete your subscription. You must reply to the email to verify you are the owner of the address. If you do not reply within 24 hours, you will not be subscribed, so be on the lookout and check spam folders/settings to make sure list messages are not being misrouted!
- To unsubscribe from a list, send an email to email@example.com with the body of “unsubscribe listname“- i.e., “unsubscribe is-announce”