From: “Mizrachi, Diane” <Mizrachi@library.ucla.edu>
Subject: Library update – please forward to faculty and students
March 17, 2020
As you saw in an earlier message from our University Librarian, Virginia Steel, UCLA’s campus libraries are moving towards full closure by 5pm this Friday. Young Research Library, Powell and the Biomedical Library will be open for limited hours until then. See the full schedule here: https://www.library.ucla.edu/support/students/stressbusters-night-libraries. This means that staff, students and faculty will not have access to the physical collections after Friday, but I wanted to make sure that you all know of the many digital resources that you can access remotely; this obviously includes my assistance. As of today, I am working from home, so you can always reach out to me if you need research or instructional assistance. I can help though email, Zoom or other virtual tools.
Additionally, here are some other resources available to you. Please make sure that you have VPN or proxy set up completed to access most of these from off campus. You can do that by following the instructions here: https://www.library.ucla.edu/use/computers-computing-services/connect-campus
- 24/7 chat service continues from the chat window on this page: https://www.library.ucla.edu/support/research-help
- Online tutorials for research and writing can be accessed here:https://www.library.ucla.edu/support/research-help/start-your-own-research-guide-or-tutorial or via the Library’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUCLALibrary
- We have over 300 research guides for all the disciplines at UCLA, plus ones specifically designed for different tools or resources: https://guides.library.ucla.edu/?b=s
- The A-Z list gives access to the over 1000 different databases the library subscribes to: https://guides.library.ucla.edu/az.php
- See here for more remote resources: https://www.library.ucla.edu/remote
Most of all, I hope you are all healthy and safe and prioritizing your well-being and that of your loved ones. I hope to see everyone back on campus in the near future, but in the meantime, I’m here to help in any way I can.
Diane Mizrachi, PhD
Social Sciences and Librarian
Librarian for Jewish and Israel Studies
Charles E. Young Research Library