Library and Information Studies
If you are a graduate of the UCLA Department of Information Studies, then you are a member of the Library & Information Studies Alumni Association or LISAA. We provide alumni with opportunities for networking, lifelong learning, and engagement throughout the year. We invite you to stay connected and involved!
As a graduate of the program (MLS, PhD, Certificate) you’re already part of a special group of UCLA graduates who continue to make their contribution to library and information services across the state, country, and world.
Stay in Touch!
Stay in touch with the Department and your fellow alums in one of 3 ways:
- Join our group on LinkedIn. Connect with other alumni and receive group updates.
- Update your information with us and we’ll keep you updated on special events, departmental news, opportunities for involvement, and other alumni information.
- Sign-up for our LIS-AA email list:
a) Go to the list subscription form (Note: You can also go to the same page to unsubscribe from LIS-AA at any time.)
b) Enter your name and e-mail address
c) Note that you are subscribing to “Other list”
d) Enter the list name as lis-aa and submit the form
e) You will likely receive a message asking you to confirm the subscription. Follow the instructions in the message otherwise your subscription will not take effect.
Upcoming Events for Alumni
- April 13th, 2017 (Thursday) 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM PDT. 2017 Library & Information Studies Mixer. Location: UCLA Campus, Charles E. Young Research Library, Presentation Room. 280 Charles E. Young Dr. N. Los Angeles, CA 90095.
- April 25th, 2017 (Tuesday) 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. 2017 IS Alumni Annual Spring Dinner. Time: 5:30 pm Reception | 6:00 pm Dinner. Location: UCLA, DeNeve Commons, Plaza Room. Tickets: UCLA Information Studies Alumni and Friends: $25 | UCLA Students: $10. Complimentary for the Class of 2017 with RSVP. For tickets and to RSVP, please contact the GSE&IS Office of External Relations at (310) 206-0375 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday April 17. Free Parking available in structure DD for the event.
- February 25th, 2017 (Saturday) 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. 2017 LISAA Winter Colloquium with Dr. Shawn VanCour: Redefining Cultural Memory: The Library of Congress Radio Preservation Task Force and the Changing Work of Media History and Archival Studies. Location: UCLA Campus, GSEIS Building Room 111.
The LISAA Bylaws state that —
- The purpose of the Library and Information Studies Alumni Association (hereafter refered to as LISAA) are:
a) To maintain among the alumni of the UCLA Department of Information Studies (hereafter referred to as the Department) a spirit of fellowship and service to librarianship and an ongoing connection with the Department and the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies.
b) To Facilitate communication between the Department and the alumni.
c) To help support the students of the Department by guidance, gifts and scholarships.
d) To promote the continuing professional education of the alumni.
LISAA Bylaws – Adopted May 31st, 1979; Last Amended December 20, 2006.
LISAA fulfills its purpose through the sponsoring of its own events (see below), participating in and supporting events of the Department, and facilitating the networking of alumni and students.
Since LISAA membership does not include annual dues, the LISAA Board encourages alumni to make an annual gift towards the department and/or scholarships.
Opportunities for giving can be found at: