Library and Information Studies Alumni Association
Stay in Touch!
Stay in touch with the Department and your fellow alums in one of 3 ways:
- Join our group on LinkedIn. Connect with other alumni and receive group updates.
- Update your information with us and we’ll keep you updated on special events, departmental news, opportunities for involvement, and other alumni information.
- Sign-up for our LIS-AA email list
a) You will receive a message asking you to confirm the subscription with a link. Follow the link in the message otherwise your subscription will not take effect.
b) To unsubscribe go to https://lists.gseis.ucla.edu/sympa/signoff/lis-aa”
Upcoming Events for Alumni
- No Events Currently Scheduled.
For more information on upcoming Information Studies events, please contact the Office of External Relations (310) 206-0375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Alumni Events
- Sunday, February 9, 2020 2:30-3:30PM Sayers Lecture Book Club. Reception area of the Grand Horizon Ballroom in Covel Commons (where the Lecture is taking place).
- Sunday, February 9, 2020 4:00 PM-6:00 PM Sayers Lecture with Matt de la Peña Grand Horizon Ballroom in Covel Commons.
- Thursday, February 6, 2020 6:30 PM-8:30 PM LISAA Happy Hour Déjá Brew: 10928 Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020, 5:30 PM The Kenneth Karmiole Symposium in Archival Studies
For a list of past LISAA Events, please click here.
- The purpose of the Library and Information Studies Alumni Association (hereafter refered to as LISAA) are:
a) To maintain among the alumni of the UCLA Department of Information Studies (hereafter referred to as the Department) a spirit of fellowship and service to librarianship and an ongoing connection with the Department and the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies.
b) To Facilitate communication between the Department and the alumni.
c) To help support the students of the Department by guidance, gifts and scholarships.
d) To promote the continuing professional education of the alumni.
LISAA Bylaws – Adopted May 31st, 1979; Last Amended December 20, 2006. LISAA fulfills its purpose through the sponsoring of its own events (see below), participating in and supporting events of the Department, and facilitating the networking of alumni and students.
Since LISAA membership does not include annual dues, the LISAA Board encourages alumni to make an annual gift towards the department and/or scholarships. Opportunities for giving can be found at:
Last Updated: July 9, 2020