Library and Information Studies Alumni Association
Stay in Touch!
Stay in touch with the Department and your fellow alums in one of 3 ways:
- Join our group on LinkedIn. Connect with other alumni and receive group updates.
- Update your information with us and we’ll keep you updated on special events, departmental news, opportunities for involvement, and other alumni information.
- Sign-up for our LIS-AA email list
a) You will receive a message asking you to confirm the subscription with a link. Follow the link in the message otherwise your subscription will not take effect.
b) To unsubscribe go to https://lists.gseis.ucla.edu/sympa/signoff/lis-aa”
Upcoming Events for Alumni
- Thursday, December 5, 2019 – Dean’s Scholars Dinner (tentative)
- Sunday, December 8, 2019, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM PDT – Frances Clarke Sayers Lecture with Grace Lin, Newbery Honor & Caldecott Award Winning Author. Grand Horizon Ballroom, Covel Commons. RSVP UCLASayers2019.eventbrite.com (confirmed)
- The Kenneth Karmiole Symposium in Archival Studies (TBD)
- Sunday, February 9, 2020, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM PDT – Frances Clarke Sayers Lecture with Matt de la Peña, Newbery Honor & Caldecott Award Winning Author . Grand Horizon Ballroom, Covel Commons. RSVP UCLASayers2020.eventbrite.com (confirmed)
- Thursday May 28, 2020 LISAA Spring Dinner (tentative)
For more information on upcoming Information Studies events, please contact the Office of External Relations (310) 206-0375 or email@example.com.
Recent Alumni Events
- Thursday, May 30, 2019 – Library Information Studies Alumni Association (LISSA) Spring Awards Dinner – 5:30 pm Reception | 6:30 pm Dinner. Location: UCLA Carnesale Commons, Palisades Ballroom. Annual alumni spring dinner with presentation of the Distinguished Alumni Award. RSVP by Wednesday, May 22. For event and RSVP information visit the event page.
- CANCELLED Sunday, May 19, 2019, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM PDT.– Frances Clarke Sayers Lecture, Grace Lin (author). Location: Korn Convocation Hall, 110 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 Event Information and RSVP
- February 21, 2019 – Dr. Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress, A Lecture and Conversation. Location: Schoenberg Music Building at UCLA. Time: 5pm Reception | 6pm Lecture. Event Information.
- February 12, 2019 The Kenneth Karmiole Symposium in Archival Studies. Speaker: Richard Marciano, Professor and Director, Digital Curation Innovation Center, College Of Information Studies, University of Maryland, College Park. Location: Legacy Room, Luskin Conference. Time: 6pm Lecture | 7pm Reception. Event Information.
For a list of past LISAA Events, please click here.
- The purpose of the Library and Information Studies Alumni Association (hereafter refered to as LISAA) are:
a) To maintain among the alumni of the UCLA Department of Information Studies (hereafter referred to as the Department) a spirit of fellowship and service to librarianship and an ongoing connection with the Department and the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies.
b) To Facilitate communication between the Department and the alumni.
c) To help support the students of the Department by guidance, gifts and scholarships.
d) To promote the continuing professional education of the alumni.
LISAA Bylaws – Adopted May 31st, 1979; Last Amended December 20, 2006. LISAA fulfills its purpose through the sponsoring of its own events (see below), participating in and supporting events of the Department, and facilitating the networking of alumni and students.
Since LISAA membership does not include annual dues, the LISAA Board encourages alumni to make an annual gift towards the department and/or scholarships. Opportunities for giving can be found at:
Last Updated: October 21, 2019